2 chicken breasts, skin on
Extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt & cracked pepper
1 bunch baby broccolini
1 cob corn
Thyme for garnish
300g frozen sweetcorn
100ml chicken stock
100ml thickened cream
- For sweet corn purée, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add the sweetcorn, stir for 1-2 minutes, then add the stock and cream. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until the sweet corn is soft. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Strain the purée through a fine sieve and season with salt and pepper to taste, (if it is too thick, add a dash of hot water), reheat just before serving.
- Place corn cob in a saucepan of boiling water and cook over medium to high heat until corn is tender. Drain and run cold water over corn to cool. Cut off the corn kernels and set aside, reheat corn kernels before plating.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F) fan-forced. Rub olive oil over chicken breast and season the skin with salt. Place a non-stick pan over medium to high heat and place chicken breasts skin side down for 3 minutes or until skin is golden. Season the flesh side whilst skin is browning. Turn the chicken breasts over and cook this side for 1-2 minutes, transfer chicken onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for 6–8 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Place pancetta on a baking tray and cook in the oven for about 5 minutes or until crispy. Drain on paper towel until serving time.
- Steam broccolini just before serving.
On 2 warm serving plates, spoon corn puree in the middle of each plate. Lay 3 pieces of broccolini per plate on the corn puree. Cut each chicken breast in half and arrange on top of the broccolini with the thinner end of the chicken breast facing up. Place 2 pieces of pancetta per plate near the chicken, scatter over corn kernels and garnish with thyme and serve.