Ingredients (serves 2)
2 x barramundi fillets, skin on*
Sea salt & cracked pepper
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1 bunch broccolini
¼ cup hazelnuts, roasted, chopped
Cauliflower Leek Puree
200g cauliflower florets
½ cup leek, chopped
¼ cup thickened cream
¾ cup milk
1 lemon, zest, finely chopped
¼ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped + extra garnish
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- For the cauliflower puree, place cauliflower florets, leek, butter, cream and milk in a saucepan, bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer until tender. Place in food processor and puree until smooth, season to taste. Reheat just before serving.
- For the lemon gremolata, mix all ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place hazelnuts on an oven tray and roast for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly coloured and skins are blistered. Wrap nuts in a kitchen towel and let steam about 1 minute. Rub nuts in towel to remove loose skins and cool completely.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium to high heat. Drizzle a little olive oil over the barramundi fillets and season. Cook the fillets skin side down for about 3-4 minutes or until skin is crispy and golden. Turn and cook further 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the skin (set aside) and brown this side of the fillet quickly and remove from the pan ready for serving. Cut the skin in 2 pieces drain on a paper towel until ready to serve.
- Steam broccolini until just tender
On 2 serving plates spoon puree in the middle of each plate. Arrange broccolini on top and place barramundi resting on top of the broccolini. Place some of the lemon gremolata on top of the fish and scatter gremolata and hazelnuts over the plate. Arrange the crispy skin resting near the fillet and garnish with parsley and serve.
You can use any of your favourite white fish fillets instead of barramundi. You can also buy skinless hazelnuts if short on time.