Ingredients (serves 2)
2 chicken breasts
2 tablespoon thyme leaves
2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
2 teaspoon lemon zest + juice of 1 lemon
Grapeseed oil or extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt & cracked pepper
3 kale leaves, washed, stalks removed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
100g shitake mushrooms, halved
150g cauliflower, florets sliced
Nasturtium leaves for garnish
220g parsnip, peeled, diced
¼ cup milk
- In a bowl add thyme, garlic, 2 tablespoons oil, lemon zest and juice, mix and add chicken breast, season with salt and pepper and coat chicken with the marinade, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- For the parsnip puree: In a saucepan add parsnip, butter and ½ cup water. Place on medium heat, cover with a lid and simmer until parsnips are tender. Remove from heat and place in a food processor and blitz until smooth, add milk gradually until the puree consistency is smooth, season to taste. Set aside, reheat the puree when just before serving.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) fan-forced Rub oil over chicken breasts and thyme leaves, season with salt and pepper. Place a non-stick pan over medium to high heat, cook chicken breasts for 3 minutes or until golden. Turn the chicken and cook for 2 minutes, transfer chicken onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for 5–7 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Place cauliflower florets on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden, turning florets halfway during the cooking process. Remove from the oven and keep warm ready for serving
- For the mushrooms, while the chicken is in the oven, melt butter in a pan over medium to high heat. Add mushrooms and thyme, season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat, ready to serve.
- For the kale, while the chicken is in the oven, add a little oil in a pan over medium to high heat, add kale leaves and saute for 1 minute season with salt and a squeeze of lemon juice, remove from heat, ready to serve.
Slice each chicken breast into five slices and arrange on two serving plates in a semi-circle in the middle of each plate. Pipe or spoon parsnip puree in the middle and arrange cauliflower, mushrooms and kale around the chicken. Garnish with three nasturtium leaves on each plate and serve.